PAU Entrance Exam 2017 Application Form: PAU Exam Notification, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply, Exam Pattern, Counselling Process, etc.
Punjab Agricultural University is the second oldest agricultural university in India after Dr. GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology. This university conducts entrance exam every year to give admission in various UG, PG and doctorate courses.
At present, this university offers five bachelor degree programs, 51 master degree programs, and 42 doctorate programs in 50 departments of five constituent colleges. This university conducts entrance exam because seats are limited and applicants are large in number.
The admission is provided by merit list prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam. Application form for PAU Entrance Exam 2017 will be released in the month of April 2017 and the exam will hold in the month of May 2017. Don’t miss the opportunity to make career in the Agriculture Stream
Candidates can apply for this test via online and offline mode as per the choice of candidates. You must check the eligibility criteria and other important detail like Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply, Exam Pattern and Counselling Process, etc. before applying. We are providing the necessary information related to this exam in this article.
PAU Entrance Exam 2017 Application Form
The eligibility criteria are different for different courses. The detail of eligibility criteria is given below:
- For getting admission in Under Graduate Courses, Candidates must have passed 12th class from recognized board with science subjects.
- Post Graduate Courses, Candidates should have passed Graduation in relevant discipline from recognized university.
- For Admission in Doctorate courses, Masters degree from recognized university is the must.
- For the Diploma Courses, Minimum educational qualification is 10th class/12th class. It depends on the choice of Diploma Course.
Courses Offered by PAU
- UG Courses: B.Sc Agriculture, B.Sc Biotechnology, B.Sc Honors Home Science, B.Sc Honors Fashion Design, B.Tech Food and many more courses.
- PG Courses: Agriculture Meteorology, Agronomy, Entomology, Food Technology, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Pathology and many other courses.
- Engineering Courses: Civil Engineering (Hydrology and Water Resource Engineering/ Structural Engineering), Farm Machinery and Power Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Soil and Water Engineering and many more courses.
- Diploma Courses: Diploma in Hybrid Seed Production Technology and much more
- Starting date for submission of application form: 1st Week of April 2017
- Closing date for submission of application form: Last week of April 2017
- Admit Card available: 10 to 15 days before exam date
- Dates of Entrance Test: different dates of May 2017
- Result Declaration Date: within two weeks of commencement of exam
- Counselling Process: June 2017
- Prospectus Price is Rs. 1595/- and if arranged by post Rs. 1705/-
- Examination Fee for each entrance test is Rs. 2860/-
- In the case of Online application form available: Rs. 3955/-(Prospectus charges and Exam fee)
- Application fee can be paid by using Bank Challan from PNB or Bank of India.
How to Apply for PAU Entrance Exam 2017 Application Form
Candidates can apply via online and offline mode as well. We are telling you the steps to fill the online application form. Note down the steps detailed below:
- Visit the official website of PAU i.e. www.pau.edu
- Search for the link of Entrance Test 2017 Application form.
- Select the course for which you want to apply.
- Fill the application form completely, Upload the scanned photo and signature, etc.
- Pay the application fee and fill the payment detail in the application form.
- Click Submit and take the printout of it for future use.
In the case of Offline mode, the Application form can get from Additional Director of Communication, Centre for Communication and International Linkages, PAU, Ludhiana – 141 004 on payment of application fee as mentioned above.
After filling the complete form, Candidates have to send the application form along with fee payment receipt and photocopy of required documents and certificates, send it to the following mentioned address:
Punjab Agricultural University,
Ludhiana 141 004
The exam pattern will be different for all courses. But all exams will consist of objective type multi-choice questions. Candidates have to give answers on the OMR sheets by using blue or black ball point pen. There will be 1/4th negative marking for wrong answers.
After commencement of the examination, the result will declare within two weeks of the exam. Merit list will issue based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam. The PAU will decide the cutoff marks for calling qualified candidates for the counseling process.
It is expected that counseling will start in the month of June 2017. In counseling process, candidates will choose the course and college for admission. The seats will allot by rank obtained by the candidates. The schedule of candidates will upload on the official website of PAU.
If you want any other information related to PAU Entrance Exam 2017 Application Form, you can write to us by using the comment box given below:
Official Website: web.pau.edu