Odisha DET Application Form 2017, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Application Fee, Important Dates, Process to Apply and Counselling Process etc.
Odisha DET 2017
The full form of Odisha DET 2017 is Odisha Diploma Entrance Test. It is a state level entrance examination conducted every year in Odisha state. This exam is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education & Training, Odisha. The score obtained in this exam is used for giving admission to various diploma courses in the field of engineering/non-engineering/technology/film and TV courses.
Candidates apply for this test to get admission in different colleges associated with Directorate of Technical Education & Training, Odisha. There are 152 colleges associated with Directorate of Technical Education & Training, Odisha. This year, the application form will be released in the month of February 2017. Candidates can apply for Odisha DET 2017 only through online mode.
Candidates can apply online from the official website of exam conducting authority, which is, www.dtetorissa.gov.in. Dear Friends, you must check the eligibility criteria before applying for Odisha DET 2017 Application. Here, in this article, We are providing you the detail of eligibility Criteria, important dates, Exam Pattern, Application Fee, Process to Apply and Counselling Process etc. in precise form. So, Read the article before applying.
Eligibility criteria is different for different courses. We are giving you the detail of eligibility criteria for various courses:
Eligibility Criteria for First Semester Diploma in Engineering/Technology:
- 10th Class pass from recognized board of Odisha state.
- Minimum aggregate secured marks in 10th Class in English, Math and Science subjects with 35% marks and qualifying examination must be passed with 30% marks in each subject.
- Minimum age limit is 14 years for first-semester diploma courses in engineering except mining and drilling.
- Minimum age limit is 16 years for first-semester diploma courses in mining and drilling.
- There is no upper age limit for this course.
Eligibility Criteria for First Semester Diploma Non-Engineering Courses (Hotel Management & Catering Technology (HM & CT)/Modern office Management (MOM)/Beauty Culture/Pharmacy:
- 12th class pass in any discipline from recognized board with aggregate 35% marks and 30% marks in each subject in the qualifying examination.
- Minimum age limit is 16 years for Hotel Management and Office Management Courses and 14 years for Beauty Culture Course. There is no maximum age limit.
- For diploma courses in pharmacy, 12th class pass with 35% marks in PCM/PCB as subjects.(P-Physics, C-Chemistry, M-Maths, B-Biology)
Eligibility Criteria for Third Semester (Lateral Entry) Diploma in Engineering/Technology:
- 12th class pass from Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha with PCM subjects.
- 10th class pass from BSE, Odisha with 35% marks can also apply.
- Minimum age limit is 14 years and there is no upper age limit.
Eligibility for First Semester Diploma in Film & TV Courses (Cinematography/Sound & TV Engineering/ Film and Video Editing ):
- For first-year diploma courses in cinematography and sound & TV engineering :12th class pass in science stream from state board/CBSE/ICSE with 35% aggregate marks.
- For Film and Video editing course, 12th class pass in any discipline from state board/ICSE/CBSE with 35% aggregate marks at the qualifying examination.
- Age limit is 16 to 28 years as on 1st June 2017. Age relaxation of 3 years for SC/ST candidates will be given.
- Starting date to fill application form online : February or March 2017
- Last date to fill application form online : April 2017
- Last date for receipt the application fee: April 2017
- Examination Date for Odisha DET 2017: May 2017
- Result Declaration Date : Within 15 days after commencement of examination.
- Counselling Process starts in – July 2017
Application fee can be paid through online mode like Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking/ e-Challan at any Branch of AXIS Bank/ IDBI Bank. The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances. The application fee is different for different categories. Category wise detail of application fee is given below:
- For General Category Male: Rs. 450/-
- For General Category Female Candidates: Rs. 350/-
- For SC/ST/PC candidates – Rs. 200/-
Process to Apply Odisha DET Application Form 2017
Candidates can fill the application form from the official website of exam conducting authority. There is no any other mode to apply for Odisha DET 2017. Candidates are advised to read the information bulletin carefully and fill the form accordingly. We are telling you the steps to fill the application form online. Note down the following mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.dtetorissa.gov.in
- Click on the link of Odisha DET 2017.
- Click on Online Application Form.
- Fill the form completely like personal detail, educational qualification detail, application fee detail etc.
- Scan the photo, signature, documents and certificates etc. if required.
- After filling the form completely, click submit.
- Take the printout of it for future use.
Question paper will consist of 100 objective type Multi choice questions. The duration for attempting question paper will be two and a half year. Four marks will be awarded for each correct answer and there will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
Seats are reserved as per the government rules for the candidates of Odisha state only. Reservation detail is given below:
- For SC – 15%
- For ST – 23%
- For women candidates of all co-ed polytechnics – 30%
- For Children of Green Card Holder – 5%
- For Children/wards of Ex-Servicemen – 2%
- For Physically Challenged – 3%
- For sports candidates – 0.5%
- Candidates passing NCC (A, B and C Certificate examination) – 1%
Counseling process will start in the month of July 2017. Candidates, whose name will come under merit list, will be eligible for merit list. Counseling fee will be Rs. 200/-. The documents of the candidate will be verified in the counseling process and on the basis of merit list, candidates will be able to choose the course and college etc. We will update you about the counseling process schedule later.
If you have any doubt, then you can write to us in the comment box. You can also use the direct link given in the end of this article.
Official Website – www.dtetorissa.gov.in