KEAM 2017 Application form: KEAM Notification, Eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application fee, important dates, application process, etc.
The full form of KEAM is Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical exam. It is a state level entrance exam conducted every year by Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala. Every year, thousands of candidates apply for the KEAM 2017 for getting admission in engineering, medical, forestry, etc
Candidates can apply for KEAM 2017 via online mode through the official website of exam conducting authority. Application Form will be available in the month of January 2017. Candidates must check before applying whether they are eligible for KEAM 2017 or not.
Here, in this article, we are providing you the information related to KEAM 2017 like Application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application fee, important dates, application process, etc. So, Candidates must read this article before applying.
KEAM 2017 Application Form
Following is given the detail of eligibility criteria for KEAM 2017:
- Candidates must be Indian Nationals. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are not of the Kerala origin but completed anyone of the following conditions will be categorized as Non-Keralite Category I:
- A candidate who has undergone qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents belong to Government of India/Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
- A candidate who has undergone qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents who is serving/served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years.
Educational Qualification Eligibility:
- For MBBS/BDS Courses: Candidates must have passed 12th Class with securing 50% marks in biology/biotechnology individually and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and biology/biotechnology together.
- For B.Tech courses: Candidate must have passed 12th Class or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks in Mathematics individually and 50% marks together in Physics, Chemistry & mathematics.
Minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission. Age relaxation in the minimum age will not be permitted. There is no upper age limit fixed for KEAM 2017.
These are tentative dates. We will inform you about the exact dates later.
- Starting Date to submit Application form: First week of January 2017
- The last date to submit the online application form: Last week of January 2017
- Last date for receipt of online application printout: Last week of January 2017
- Exam dates – Last week of April 2017
- Result announcement – Within 15 days of examination date
- Counselling Process: May 2017
The application fee for general category candidates is Rs. 1000/- and for SC candidates is Rs. 500/-. No application fee for ST candidates. The payment of fee can be done either through security card or DD drawn from Nationalised Bank, in favor of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, at Thiruvananthapuram.
How to Apply for KEAM 2017 Application Form
To apply for KEAM 2017, candidates need to visit the official website. Candidates can download the application form from official website. After that fill the form completely as per the instructions are given in the information bulletin/brochure.
After that, you have to pay the application fee by DD or Security card. Then send the application form along with demand draft to the following address:
Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar,
Postal code – 695001, Kerala
Phone number – 0471- 2332120, 2338487
The examination will conduct in two parts. The duration of each paper will be two and half hours. Each paper will comprise of 120 questions. Four marks will give for each correct answer, and one mark will deduct for the wrong answer. It means, there will be 1/4th negative marking for the wrong answer.
Exam Pattern for Engineering Course:
- Physics & Chemistry : 120 questions
- Mathematics: 120 Questions
Exam Pattern for Medical Course:
- Physics & Chemistry : 120 questions
- Biology: 120 questions
Counselling Process for KEAM 2017
The result will declare within 15 days of examination. Merit list is issued either on an official website or in the newspaper. Candidates are eligible for counseling process only if their name come under merit list.
The successful candidates must have to apply for the counseling to get their seat against their rank and their choice. We will inform you about the counseling schedule later.
If you have any other query related to KEAM 2017, then you can write to us in the comment box. We will reply you as soon as possible.