Karnataka PGCET Application Form 2016
Karnataka PGCET is Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test. This is a state level entrance test conducted by Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA). The purpose of holding this exam is to enroll students in full-time or part-time postgraduate courses in various courses like MBA, M.E./M.Tech/M.Arch, MCA,v part-time M.Tech etc.
Those candidates who will clear the exam can get admission in degree course that they will choose. KEA will release application form for Karnataka PGCET 2016 in the month of July and then the exam will be conducted in the month of August 2016. Students can appear in the exam by filling the application form. We will give you the related information regarding this exam. Candidates can apply for the concerned exam by following the steps provided here.
Candidates have to fulfill the following terms and conditions to appear in Karnataka PGCET 2016:
- Applicant should be a resident of Karnataka state and should hold the domicile of Karnataka state. Candidates who do not belong to Karnataka are eligible for admission to those MBA/MCA seats which are surrendered by the management.
- Candidates, who have finished minimum 7 years of their Class I academic from the institutions of Karnataka, are also eligible to apply.
- For M.Tech: Candidates should be B.Tech/B.E. with 50% marks from recognized Institute(45% in case of SC/ST Candidates). Candidates who have qualified GATE need not appear in PGCET 2016 entrance examination, but they have to apply online for admission.
- For MBA: Graduation from recognized university with 50% marks(45% in case of SC/ST Candidates)
- MCA: Graduation from recognized University with Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications/Computer Programming/Business Mathematics/Business Statistics opted as one of the optional subjects with 50% marks(45% in case of SC/ST Candidates).
- For MCA Lateral Entry: BCA/B.Sc (IT/CS) with Mathematics at the graduate level with 50% marks(45% in case of SC/ST Candidates).
- Opening Date of Karnataka PGCET 2017: 1st week of July
- Closing date to submit application form : last week of July
- Admit Card Availability: 10 to 15 days before exam date
- Exam Date: August 2016
- Date of Result Declaration: within two weeks of commencement of exam
- Counselling Method: September 2016
Bank Challan can deposit the fee of Application in any of the branches of state bank of Mysore. Candidates can also pay the fee in E-payment offices. The details about fee is given below:
- Fee for General/OBC Category Candidates: Rs. 650/-
- Fee for SC/ST Category Candidates: Rs. 500/-
How to Apply For Karnataka PGCET Application Form 2016
Candidates can apply for KPGCET 2016 via online mode only. Candidates can apply from the official website of the KEA i.e. kea.kar.nic.in. We will provide you the steps to fill in the application form. Mark the points given below:
- Firstly, Open the official website of KPGCET.
- Find the link of Application Form for Karnataka PGCET 2016.
- Choose the course that you want to apply.
- Fill all necessary details like personal information , educational detail, contact information etc.
- Then, Fill the GATE Score if applicable in the case M.Tech.
- Then, choose the payment options, like bank challan or e-payment mode.
- After that, Upload the signature, photo and left thumb impression on the online form.
- Now, Click submit after checking the filled application form.
- Registration number and password will be created.
- Finally, Click on the Save button and take a printout of it for future use.
Pattern of Exam
The question paper will consist of objective type questions. The question paper will be provided in a single language only, i.e. English. The exam pattern will be a bit different as per the change in course. The list for exam pattern for various classes.
For M.E./M.Tech/M.Arch Courses:
- Part I: 50 questions for 50 marks
- Part II: 25 questions for 50 marks
For MBA Course:
The question paper will consist of following topics: General Reasoning and Intelligence, General Knowledge, Quantitative analysis and Proficiency in the English language. 100 items will appear for 100 marks and total time to complete the paper will be 150 minutes.
For MCA Course:
The duration of exam will be two and a half hours.
- Part A: 60 questions for 60 marks
- Part B: 20 questions for 40 marks
Link to Follow
Official Website – www.kea.kar.nic.in